17.11.14

these Cambodian kids





So I stumbled across to these photos on my laptop.. and all kinds of feelings just came up. You know, these moments when the time is stopped and you're looking at some little kid's eyes trying to figure out what they really need. Is it really money that they are asking for, or shelter, food, new clothes or just love and caring ? These little kids I shortly met in Cambodia were living just outside one tourist attraction. In their shabby houses on a large field. They came behind a tall fence to beg and mumble in a choir "moooneeyyy..give mooneeyyy" from tourists while passing them. I didn't however see no one giving any money. I would have liked to play some games with them and make them laugh like we did in Vietnam which was amazing. But this time they were "on the other side".
So I'm thinking.. How can you realise and cherish all what you have right in front of you back home, if you haven't seen these little faces and much more while travelling ? I love to travel and how it opens my eyes and broadens my mind. And yes, my next adventure starts in a week.. Ay dios mío !


1 comment:

  1. Wow. Those pictures are beautiful hope your next travels are going to be as cool as that last one was :)

    ReplyDelete