10.2.14

Am I still in Southeast Asia ?

I have to admit something to everyone. Singapore was really cool. I kind of fell in love with its beautiful, organized, safe, modern, clean and fancy atmosphere which was so different from other southeast Asian countries. Skyscrapers, western business men and women walking on the streets, well working underground system and of course more expensive accommodation, food and transportation made Singapore feel like I was totally somewhere else than in southeast Asia. Everyone spoke English and polices were looking after bad behaving citicents. I really had some problems with this country's strict rules about littering, eating or drinking in MRT, the bubble gum rule and crossing streets with red traffic lights. I'm so used to eat or drink while I'm traveling in a bus or train so this rule was quite hard to remember. I also have to admit that I ate one lollipop by mistake waiting the MRT to come, ran across the road with red traffic lights and dropped maybe something by accident. Anyway the most important thing here is that the police didn't see me and give 500-1000 Singapore dollars fine which is half amount in euros. 

Singapore has lots of things to see and places to spend your money for. Somehow I managed to do everything free, I went to a teather where they played live music twice in a day so I listened young musicians playing jazz and Chinese traditional music played with Chinese instruments. I found my way to the rooftop where I watched the lightning show which is shown every night from Marina Sands Bay.

 The city lights were amazing at night. 


It was so easy to stay 6 days in Singapore, I stayed in a nice and tidy hostel 10 minutes MRT ride away from the central city and Marina Bay, with all inexpensive local food stalls. I totally fell in love with the food there. You could choose from lots of different meats, fish, vegetables and noodles the one you liked and they gave you rice with that and everything cost like 1 euro. But when I went to business area in the city the food was almost five times more expensive. At the first day I already made friends with my neighbours who owned this awesome restaurant and as soon as I went to eat there more than two times they gave me discount. Perfect place I thought.


Then what comes to shopping I have to admit I did some in Singapore's long shopping street where's so many stores and malls that you will go crazy. One day shopping was good for me, I found some stuff what I really needed. The prices though weren't even close to Thailand's and I ended up spending much more I had spent before in this trip in couple of days. 


Singapore is so close to Malaysia but the biggest difference is that there's not that much Muslims or Indians and more Chinese and western people. What really was following some kind of secret law was that everyone wore really fancy clothes. Lots of young people were fashionistas and women were really wearing very high high heels. And I did something I hadn't done in ages; wore makeup and got fancy too.



2 comments:

  1. Singapore looks amazing! I nominated you for a Liebster Blog Award! Check it out here: http://julietlyllillyrose.blogspot.com/2014/02/second-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete